Below are steps to clean the top boiler chamber.
- Once your brew cycle is complete, you can compost the tea leaves in the stainless steel sieve and then rinse the sieve and the milk carafe. Milk Carafe is at the bottom where the milk is added and stainless steel sieve is in the top chamber where the tea brews.
- Alternatively, you can clean them in the dishwasher. (They are dishwasher safe). If you have two of each, it will make the cleaning process much easier. You can clean one pair in the dishwasher while you use the other and keep rotating. You can also keep more of these based on your usage pattern.
- Before you put the Sieve back, You can take a wet paper towel and wipe the top boiler heater plate and glass. This will go a long way in maintaining the brewer, not clogging the drain, and also cleaning leftover tea residue after the brew cycle.
- You do not need to wipe the top chamber if you are brewing chai back to back. Though we recommend you wipe it at least once at the end of the day.
- You can also check out "How to clean Chime" video at https://brewchime.com/pages/how-it-works
Over a period of time, your sieve and boiler plate will get stained. Below are some recommendations to address that.
- We provide cleaning tablets with our brewer. If you have not received them please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also buy them on our website - https://brewchime.com/collections/accessories
- Our cleaning tablets are phosphate-free and designed to clean Chime’s top boiler effectively.
- Make sure your sieve and the milk carafe are empty and the water tank is full.
- Put only one cleaning tablet in the top chamber. It should fall into the sieve, so make sure the sieve is present.
- Press the middle button "Menu" and then rotate the dial to find "Full Clean"
- Press the dial to select full clean and follow instructions.
- Once the cycle is done. Rinse the milk carafe and Sieve to make sure all particles are washed off. Also, take a wet paper towel and clean inside the top boiler before placing the sieve back.
- Your Sieve and top chamber should be as good as new.
- We recommend you run a full clean cycle once every 15 days.
- You can also check out "How to maintain Chime" video at https://brewchime.com/pages/how-it-works