There are two ways to configure the strength of your tea. - Brewer itself has options to select strength, i.e Light Medium Strong. - You can further customize your recipe by using our "brewchime" app.
You can also change the settings on the brewer by following the instructions below:
- Unplug the brewer, Press the left and middle buttons, keep them pressed and plug in the cable.
- You will be in the config mode. The link below shows how to do it.
- There are 4 settings. Two for the top tea boiler and two for the bottom milk boiler.
- For each setting, you will have to use the right button to go to the setting, rotate the dial to change the config, and then press the dial to set it. You should hear a chime for every setting that is set and accepted.
- Tea Temp Set is the temperature at which tea boils. You can increase it to 98 but not more than that, but if your top boiler starts leaking from the top, you have to set it back to 96 or lower, so that it does not boil over.
- Strength time set. These changes are based on your light medium-strong setting. Strong setting boils for 180 seconds after reaching set temp. You can go up to 300 seconds.
- Milk temp set is set to 94. You can go up as well, but if milk starts overboiling you should bring it down. I recommend 96. Your type of milk, altitude, etc. does affect at what temp your milk boils.
- Simmer Set is the time it will boil with tea once milk and tea come together. It is set to 30 secs. You can increase it to more time. It will increase your brew cycle.
- Once you are done, DO NOT unplug the brewer. Just press the left and middle buttons and keep it pressed for 5 seconds and you will go back to the main menu.
- If you ever unplug the brewer, you will have to do the steps above, since unplugging will do a hard reset to the configs.